|• Professional Status•|
|Occupation||Sorcerer of the Sate (formerly)|
|• Personal Status•|
|Status||Alive (presumed dead)|
|Relative(s)||Late unknown parents|
Zero (younger sister)
Unnamed witch wife (deceased)
Mercenary (beastfallen brother-in-law)
|• Abilities and Equipment•|
|Weapon||His Mystic Staff|
|Light Novel||Volume 1|
|Anime||The Sorcerers of Zero|
The Dawn of the Witch
The Remedial Student and the Witch of the Staff (flashback; cameo)
|Japanese Voice||Takehiro Koyasu|
|English Voice||Ian Sinclair|
Thirteen is one of the main antagonist of the series. He's the older brother of Zero and is the only survivor, alongside his sister, from the massacre in the cave. Like Zero, Albus, and Mercenary, he never uses his secret true name, but instead uses an a number, as one's true name has unpredictable magical effects if said out loud recklessly.
Upon being found out as the "Him" that Albus and her fellow Sorcerers of Zero had so blindly revered, he was "burned at the stake" for being the mastermind behind the five century-old war between witches and sorcerers and humanity by spreading the new supernatural art of magic from showing its contents to fellow sorcerers and witches who desired to greatly develop and hone their magical ability and prowess to supremely infinite levels.
His execution was staged so that he could reform elsewhere by returning to Moonsbow Forest, with a warning for the Mercenary: That he would destroy the world without a second thought should Zero ever come to slightly despise it.
His whereabouts remain a mystery, even five years later when his teenage son has been living at the very first magic school for three years.
Thirteen is a tall man with short black hair in a bob cut with deep blue eyes that he and Zero both inherited from their late father.
As five years passed during his exile to remain alive, his hair grew down to his shoulders and became more wavy. He is usually seen wearing a black robe with a collar around his neck.
Thirteen is calculating and manipulative as he is calm and stoic. He has no remorse over his actions as they were all for his beloved younger sister. Toward the end of the anime, he sees the error of his ways and has a change of heart.
His levelheaded and calm demeanor was then inherited by his son.
Grimorie of Zero
- The Sorcerers of Zero (debut)
- Plasta, the Royal Capital
- Sorena's Granddaughter
- The Truth Revealed
- The Witch and the Sorcerer
- The Grimoire of Zero (last appearance)
The Dawn of the Witch
- The Remedial Student and the Witch of the Staff (debut; flashback cameo)
- I Decide Who's Worthy (flashback; cameo)
- I Can't Save Anything (flashback; cameo)
- A Stone Thrust in the Pond (flashback; cameos)
Uppermost Sorcerus & Magical Power Level: For his young adult age, he is extraordinarily strong in even the strongest spells of sorcery and, eventually, magic. His constantly seen generating various spell effects from the red gem on his staff and not from his hands like his younger sister and son can.
- Magical Energy/Mana Generation: He can freely project mana/chakra, the very source of both magic and sorcery itself, into various projectiles to attack or defend.
- Spying: Via the red gems on chokers he himself had his devoted followers don under the belief of "Him" being another high sorcerer entirely, Thirteen was able to observe each one's movements by projecting the image of wherever they were and whatever they were doing at the time.
- Magiportation: Using his staff, he can teleport his desired target from one place to another regardless of the distance like his forced summoning spell.
- Leadership: He is a natural-born leader capable of bending others to his shortsighted will without their knowledge for years to come, being the very reason behind the five hundred-year war between humanity and witchkind.
- Cunning and Deception: His younger sister describes his as a prodigy in turning one's fears into uncertainty and distrust.
- Spell Creation: Unlike most sorcerers and witches, he is capable of inventing his very own spells and incantations by writing his own spellbooks (grimoire) in his heard-to-understand writing. His teenage son had found and kept a book on magical herbs of healing from Zero's library.
- The Japanese voice actor of Thirteen also plays as DIO from Jojo's Bizare Adventure, Takasugi Shinsuke from Gintama. and Roswaal from Re:Zero: Starting Life in Another World